About the Muslim Teachers Association
What is the Muslim Teachers’ Association?
It is a non-profit making organisation run by and for Muslim teachers.
What does the MTA do?
It provides support and advice to Muslim teachers and addresses the issues that Muslim teachers and Muslim pupils are facing in schools in Britain.
How has the MTA been supporting Muslim Teachers?
The MTA has provided:
- Information for schools about Ramadan, Eid and Hajj.
- An annual gathering for Muslim teachers to share and discuss current issues.
- Opportunities for Muslim teachers to network.
- Opportunities to listen to eminent informative speakers on relevant issues.
- Opportunities to attend workshops on a variety of educational issues.
- Support in applying for jobs and preparing for interviews.
- Contributions to a variety of national consultations and initiatives.
Alhamdu Lillah, we have been in operation since 1979!
MTA’s Annual General Event is planned for Saturday 22nd March 2015 in London, Insha Allah, to commemorate our 36th anniversary.
What are the aims and objectives of the MTA?
- To organise Muslim teachers working in state schools, Islamic schools and other educational settings in accordance with the guidance of the Qur’an and the teachings of Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him).
- To promote the professional development of Muslim teachers by setting up appropriate training and support structures.
- To promote the achievement and self-esteem of Muslim students in all educational institutions.
- To promote understanding in educational establishments so that the education and welfare of Muslim students is enhanced.
- To be a responsible Muslim educational forum from which Headteachers, governors, Local Education Authorities, teachers and parents and other authorities can seek advice and guidance.
- To represent the educational interests of Muslims at all official levels within the United Kingdom.
- To facilitate networking and sharing of good practice between Muslim teachers working in various schools across all educational sectors.